I’m up at 6:40 am, just missing the start of morning yoga class, but not too late to see the sunrise. Light began to peak over the edges of mountains while I lay curled into my husband’s body. The view from our tiny room and modest bed is spectacular. I try to abide myself with this, but the fresh morning air and magic of the sun’s ascent into the sky is calling me.
So out of bed, sweater and beanie on, I stopped only to fill my thermos with fresh hot water and lemon, my morning ritual. Then down the stairs and out into the brisk winter air I ran (practically). The first inhale of that cold mountain air invaded and enlivened my lungs. Yes. This is it, what I have been looking for. Excitement over the day.
Ripples of pink light began to streak through the sky. Slightly hidden by dark grey clouds moving swiftly to the south, they peaked out and filtered slowly into the morning sky. Mountains sat unmoving. Touched, yet un-phased by the moment’s glory. Unlike them, my body fought to be still, to contain the excitement of this simple joy. I tried to capture it, the lens of my camera attempting to grasp this image which was so much more than just light and shadows. Not just sunrise over serene lake and rolling rock formation. No, not just that, but awakening.
My heart has been here a thousand times. This moment, when suddenly all feels new. This moment when dawn touches my face and all is well, all is forgotten or forgiven, or both. This moment of Grace. This moment has belong to me before, or maybe I have belonged to it. We have belonged to each other. A thousand times. And yet each time is different, unique, surprising.
Here it is! (Again!) Just like the start of each new day.
Ahh.. sitting down to write at nap time. It’s quickly becoming my favorite down time. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been enough of it lately. There’s been a lot more behind the scenes organizing and action though, which sometimes is necessary to keep things running smoothly. You may notice some sprucing up and changes to the website. (See above, new image, and to the right, new things to click and look at :)) And you may have also noticed I’ve been doing some writing for other sites, brands, etc… It’s all part of keeping this thing going. I truly love writing for all of you, and I’m getting the sense you are liking it too, so I figure I might as well make it a thing. So here’s a little behind the blog update.
I did a little research last week, asking all of you on Facebook what you wanted to see more of. (Thanks for your responses!) And I got some great feedback. Of course, I’m only going to write about the topics I know at least a little something about, but here’s what you’ll be seeing more of, in order of your top choices!
1. Natural Self Care ~ I’m so excited about this! It’s just the push I needed to get down to business making and showing you some awesome recipes for natural products for yourself, your family, and your home.
2. Ideas for Play ~ I once told a friend in college when I was studying education (before having my own child of course) that I was going to make all of my children’s toys. Whomp, whomp. Sooo… even though that’s highly unrealistic, I do love to create activities and toys, and I am going to be sharing these creations with you! (under the topic “create”)
3. Healthy Recipes ~ I have to admit, on this one I may be phoning a friend for help, or more specifically my husband. He is the chef in our house, and I am the baker. (What can I say, I have a wicked sweet tooth!) So while I will be covering the sweet, he will most likely take care of the savory.
4. Yoga ~ I asked two questions, that got two very different responses. The first, “what is your biggest need as a mom?” got the highest response in “ideas for peace and calm”. The second, “what is your top priority when it comes to your health?” got the biggest response in “energy”. The cool thing about that is, when you have more peace and calm in your life (and the life of your family), then you have more energy. And can help with both of these needs? Yoga. (And if you haven’t already gotten your free self care starter kit, there’s two yoga videos in it your don’t want to miss!)
5. Mamahood ~ And last but certainly not least, I’ll be writing my musings and adventures in mamahood. I love that these stories have created such a connection between us. It seems as mamas we all have the same adventures even if they look different on the outside, or take place in different settings or even times. We all have the same adventures of the heart. And more than anything else, more than our parenting philosophy, or what we make for dinner, or the crafts we do with our littles, that’s what bonds us. It’s the feelings, and the experiences, and the love we share for our families that connects me to you. I’m grateful for that. And I’m grateful for you.
So… How can you help keep this little thing going? Keep reading! That’s all I could ever really ask for. And if you want to, click on the icon above to vote for me as a top mommy blog. Share this or any of your favorite posts with your friends. The more mamas working towards nurturing themselves and nurturing their families, the better this world will be, that’s how I see it, and that’s why I keep doing what I’m doing. And last but not least, if you are a mama with a blog, or small business (or any sized business really), and you want to grow right along with me, become a sponsor! Let’s join hands and grow together, just like the best of friends always do.