We are on our third snowstorm in less than a week! On days like today, as snowflakes drift gently outside our windows, and the family is all together (due to canceled or delayed school), I like to cook up something special. Today’s breakfast treat was Almond Flour Pancakes. The recipe was adapted from one here. I added some spice and some extra almondy flavor, and decided to have some fun by turning them into snowmen! We like to get silly in the kitchen sometimes, and today was a perfect day for that. Hope you enjoy!
1.5 cups Almond Flour
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Pour 1.5 cups of Almond Flour into a bowl
2. Crack 3 Eggs into the bowl
3. Add a dash of Cinnamon
4. Add a dash of Cardamom
5. Add 1/2 cup of Milk (slowly and just until desired thickness) and mix
6. Pour 1/4 teaspoon of Almond Extract
7. Put Coconut Oil on the pan before batter
8. Pour batter onto pan, look for the same bubbles you would see in regular pancakes before flipping.
9. (Optional) Add Blueberries before flipping to turn your pancake into a happy pancake
And then of course it was clean up time, which lately seems to be messier than our cooking time. E wants to be a big help, but toddler help typically means water all over the floor, soapy spoons going in his mouth, and maybe even a broken dish. ::sigh:: But we do our best to keep it fun, and in the end if the dishes don’t get done, it’s not a big deal. Happy snow days everyone, and snowy breakfast eating!